When it comes to company names, it is in fact hard to be wise in hindsight. Scrapping an incorporated name and starting over with a new one, can be a costly affair to say the least. But if your brand name doesn’t reflect your business, or if it causes problems daily, it may still be worth the trouble of changing it.
A change of names possibly feels more complicated than necessary. Above all else, a change could have immense effect. Are you uncertain about whether or not your company needs a change of names?
Consider renaming if:
• The brand name does not reflect the business
• The brand name limits the business
• The brand name often causes problems during expansion
• The brand name feels dated and out-grown
• The brand name communicates poorly with the target audience